[Koha] URLS & eBooks

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Tue Aug 10 12:46:54 NZST 2010

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010, Eric B?gin wrote:

> Hi Chris (and all)
>
> It seems that Firefox now prevents to open local files or files located on a
> local resource (\\ServerName).
>
> See those links for more details:
> http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Links+to+local+or+network+pages+do+not+work

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_Issues_:_Links_to_Local_Pages_Don%27t_Work

There are very good reasons for disabling this, telling people to enable
it on the browser is questionable.

Why do you not want the documents to be delivered via http?

when I saw this request, my assumption was that the server had access to
the content via the \\ path, not that the client had that access.

David Lang