[Koha] Koha 3.0.6 (Community Ed.) on FreeBSD

Greg Barniskis gregb at scls.lib.wi.us
Wed Aug 4 02:02:06 NZST 2010

On 8/3/2010 8:00 AM, Joel Harbottle wrote:

> At present, the install is unable to proceed because CPAN is unable to find the pre-requisite files...

As a long-time FreeBSD user, I would strongly recommend that you use the
FreeBSD ports system to install Perl modules, whenever possible. Only
use CPAN if there is no native port for the module that you need.

If the module you want is named Foo::Thingy, the port will likely be
named p5-Foo-Thingy, and can be located in the ports tree thusly:

cd /usr/ports
make search name=Foo-Thingy

South Central Library System (SCLS)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 242-4716