[Koha] LibLime Thoughts

Frederic Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Fri Apr 30 19:22:34 NZST 2010

As the CEO of one of the many Koha vendor companies, I want to make
known my position on this matter.

PTFS hasn't been chosen by the Koha community to 'move the Koha project
to the next level'. On the other hand, HLT Koha Committee has been
elected by the Koha community to ask, since months, to Liblime and then
PTFS to hand back Koha assets that belong to the community. This demand
is neither a 'business' discussion nor a 'one-sided' demand, it's the
clear and legitimate will expressed by the Koha community as a whole.

If PTFS doesn't fully understand the open source rules, they can ask. A
lot of distinguished members of the Koha community would be pleased to
explain them to PTFS, to pursue further explanations. It has be proved
that open source rules are perfectly compliant with business rules.

If PTFS doesn't want to play the open source game, or if PTFS wants to
fork Koha, it must be said clearly.

I may resume my position as: sharing with PTFS: yes,  forking with PTFS:
no thanks.

Regards,
--
Frédéric DEMIANS