[Koha] About KOHA Search functionalities & Data Migration

nitesh rijal rijal.it at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 16:36:35 NZST 2010

Hello all....

I am using KOHA 3.00.03 in Debian Lenny. I have not looked into new versions
of KOHA and I don;t know if the following features are there. I just wanted
to know if it is possible to list all the records in the library in a single
search.

I mean to say that is there a function like "List all Records". I have a
requirement from client that what if they want to keep all their records
sorted Alphabetically and get them Printed in sheets so that they know what
records are available.

I think this kind of feature is not available in KOHA right now. If this is
available please tell me where is it located. If not available then I'd like
to start making one such function, please give me some guidelines as where
to start.

Another request I got was the ability to export all the records into
Document format. I guess that is not possible because the records are in
MARC. I'd like to try that as well if it is acheiveable.

Lastly, I'm facing a problem while entering a record in Nepali Unicode.
While I try to save the record it gives an error saying "Wide Unicode
Character", something like that. What may be the possible error?

Please Help.

Thank you.

--
Nitesh Rijal