[Koha] Springer ebook records + Zebra Indexing and Searching

Susan Mustafa susan.mustafa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 16:37:16 NZST 2010

Dear Stacy,

At the moment, I did an import of the 14,000 records MARC file into
Koha-Test.

I did a rebuild_zeba -r -a -b <-- I believe this clears all of the previous
indexes and does indexing from 0.

Now, I know that there is a record called [Extreme Sports].  This record is
from Springer, and it is shown under biblios table in MySQL Db after I
finished importing the Marc file into Koha.  However once rebuilding zebra,
searching for this record returns 0.

Some springer records are searchable, but others Koha can't find.  Does this
mean that Zebra didn't index them [I see no errors when I do rebuild] OR
does this mean that something else is wrong?

I did random checking of some records, obviously there is no way for me to
check and see that all 14,000 RECORDs were indexed and Searchable? OR is
there? You know this better than me.

Kindly bear with me on this.  I might need your help since you did the
Springer Import before.

Best Regards,

Now once I go into the MySQL DB, I see that the record for example [Extreme
Sports] exists