[Koha] Can Koha run digital library collections

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Apr 21 07:28:24 NZST 2010

On 21 April 2010 03:23, gsl <gsl at rhcl.org> wrote:
> We started an evaluation of Greenstone for our digital collection, then also started evaluating DSpace after we experienced some dissatisfaction with Greenstone. Frankly, I think DSpace is much better in terms of it's feature set and ease of use than Greenstone, and that's what we will be using. I think that a app like DSpace designed specifically for digital data does a better job of displaying the content in it's web interface, which the public sees and uses, than a standard ILS does in an OPAC.
>
> http://www.dspace.org/

Hi All

In any discussion about Koha and Greenstone (2 nz started projects) I
would be remiss not to mention Kete (http://www.kete.net.nz) another
NZ led project. Kete is far more suited to holding a digital
repository than Koha is, but Koha can catalogue it, and using its
federated search (Pazpar2) can search both the Kete and Koha databases
in one search.

And to plug Kohacon10, (http://www.kohacon10.org.nz) there will be a
talk on Koha + Kete integration :)

Chris