[Koha] Can Koha run digital library collections

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Apr 20 23:16:34 NZST 2010

nico rubo asked:
> I'm curious as to if koha can operate a digital library collection
> the way Greenstone does, or similar. If so where on the interface
> can I begin?

Koha can catalogue a digital library.  It doesn't care much whether
it is cataloguing books, links, soft toys or electronic equipment.
You just start acquisitions or cataloguing as usual.

We're Koha users and developers, so we're not expert on Greenstone.
How does that do it?

I noticed the question was sent by replying to a digest, which causes
misfiling and sets off some spam filters.  Many of us are trying to
process hundreds of emails each day and misfiled replies are a bit of
a pain.  Please help by using "Reply..."  only for replies to that
email and "New Mail..." otherwise.  (If you have "List Reply..." and
"List Post..." commands, so much the better!)

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software