[Koha] Minor search detail

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 14:52:17 NZDT 2009

You can't map them to null, but you can map them to empty string.  See the
bottom of:

http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=blob;f=etc/zebradb/etc/word-phrase-utf.chr;h=3268c6269a6b6daa517cb5ff4e22759bec7cf2e5;hb=HEAD

I'm against mapping all periods to "" though, since there will be titles
like "MyLife 2.0" or "Hacking Linux Kernel 2.6" where the period is
essential to the semantics.

It seems like what you might want to do is pull the period OUT of the
"space" declaration.  That may be worth considering for mainline Koha, after
some testing.

--Joe