[Koha] Clarifying messages in the OPAC

Wagner, Jane jwagner at ptfs.com
Sat Sep 26 03:13:22 NZST 2009

Yes, on the IRC we were discussing the difference between the new messaging feature and the old circ and opac notes.  It's a question of permanence:  There's notes you don't ever want to overwrite, like "child has parent's permission for X".  So the new feature and the circ notes are both needed, but I don't know if anyone has an equivalent need for "permanent" OPAC notes.

Does anyone need to preserve anything in the old OPAC notes fields in the same manner?  If not, Owen was suggesting that we might be able to do away with that field altogether.  We would still need the circ notes field for the "permanent" notes.

Jane Wagner
Library Systems Analyst
PTFS Inc.
6400 Goldsboro Road, Suite 200