[Koha] Want to participate in *another* global project?

Bavousett, David dBavousett at ptfs.com
Thu Sep 17 01:33:16 NZST 2009

Friends and colleagues,

It's looking promising that I'll be speaking in a few weeks, to a group
of library science students, about Koha.  One of the things I'd like to
push hard on in the presentation is that we are a truly global
community.  I have learned, participating in this project, that "global
community" is not an abstraction-it's real people, with real faces and
voices!  To help them learn the same thing, I'd like to show them some
of *your* faces!

If you'd like to be a part, send a short greeting to me for inclusion,
not later than the end of this month.  It could be video, or
audio-and-a-picture, or even picture-and-text-whatever you've time for,
and are comfortable with!  Tell who you are, where you are, and who you
work for, and any greeting you'd like to pass to someone who's seeing
our community for the very first time.  Be brief-30 seconds or a minute,
tops!  If you speak English non-natively, speaking your native language
is fine, too!  (a translation would be nice.)  Production quality
doesn't need to be perfect, just do the best you can with whatever tools
you have, and send it along to me (directly, please, rather than the
list).  I'll wrap up the contributions into a short video for use in the
presentation, and afterwards, I'll creative-commons it, for anyone to
use.

My editing criteria:  if you go too long, I might trim where I have to,
but I'll let you know.  If a whole *bunch* of people from one country
contribute, not all of them will make it in, probably-so don't take it
personally.  Un-nice commentary will be quashed mercilessly.

Thanks in advance to all of you who choose to participate!

J. David Bavousett

(who's doing this on his own, but is also...)

Library Systems Analyst

| P | T | F | S |