[Koha] Koha support by BSZ

gsl gsl at rhcl.org
Sat Sep 12 03:33:37 NZST 2009

I would be very interested in a US Kohacon, just about any time of the year would be OK with me, although May 2010 looks potentially busy at the moment.

At a US or regional/US Koha conference I'd like to see both a library user's track and a hackfest (with an ack to Paul's "worldwide" comment). We (my tech assistant and I) have wanted to get around to looking at the Koha code to get involved with the project, but have been too busy with other sysadmin stuff to really get into it. It would be really great if a real coder could spend an hour or two and get us started--like an introductory tutorial to Koha programming (not writing Perl per se, we have slips of paper saying we should know how to figure it out).

If the location will be outside driving distance from Kansas City (meaning we have to fly), then a two or three day conference would be best to justify the fixed costs.

I would also like to make it to NZ too, and late in the year would be best for that. That would be on my dime also, but hey, Chris needs the bacon so it will be a supply mission.

Greg