[Koha] Patron Category TYPES_REvised question :)

Walls, Ian Ian.Walls at med.nyu.edu
Sat Sep 12 01:48:51 NZST 2009

My institution also finds the hardcoded category types to be a bit of a limitation (though we've worked around it).  I think it would be a fine enhancement to allow libraries to define the supertypes locally, just as they do the categories themselves.  This would require us to figure out exactly what the different types mean (in some cases, they filter the New Borrower form (include 'guarantor' or not), in others they determine how the system treats the borrower (Staff, Stat).

I'd be happy to work on this myself with some guidance from the community, but I have to get my employer to sign off on it as a priority enhancement first.  We're still putting out little fires from our migration, and several other enhancements (mostly to our templates) are top priority.  Hopefully I'll have my punch list defined by the end of the month.

Cheers,

Ian Walls
Systems Integration Librarian
NYU Health Sciences Libraries