[Koha] Search not working

Andrew Buxton A.Buxton at ids.ac.uk
Wed Sep 9 21:26:56 NZST 2009

I’m getting the same problem.  Could someone please elaborate on answer 1.

- How do I check that zebrasrv is running?
- How do I check that the index has been built?
- What does “see INSTALL” mean?

Sorry, this is probably very basic stuff.

Andrew Buxton
IDS, Brighton, UK

> Abdallah Abdurahman <medomedia_2006 at hotmail.com> asked:
> > hello, when search by author return any word,no authorwhat can i do
>
> 1. check zebrasrv is running and the index has been built - see INSTALL;
>
> 2. don't send html email because fewer people will read it;
>
> 3. email the koha users list instead of koha-devel
> with a full description of the problem (see
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html
> for how to describe it).
>
> Hope that helps,
> --
> MJ Ray (slef) LMS developer and webmaster at | software
> www.software.coop http://mjr.towers.org.uk | .... co
> IMO only: see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html | .... op

This message is for the addressee only and may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of IDS.

Institute of Development Studies
at the University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9RE
Tel: +44 (0)1273 606261; Fax: +44 (0)1273 621202
IDS, a charitable company limited by guarantee:
Registered Charity No. 306371; Registered in England 877338;  VAT No. GB 350 899914