[Koha] Help with searching from a Google Android phone

Irma Birchall irma at calyx.net.au
Mon Sep 7 14:43:53 NZST 2009

Mark,

Really cool!

A very nice way to check on the availability or status of a library item
(already in the catalogue) as well, as one can pre-save an item's ISBN in
the phone.
If the item is available (currently on loan or not), the next thing then is
to place a hold on this item (via the phone's web access) for collection at
a later time.

If the query to the catalogue yields no result, could that ISBN then be
forwarded to the library as a suggestion for acquisition? Or am I opening a
can of worms ...

Thank you for sharing your news and the "How to".

Irma
CALYX information essentials

  _____