[Koha] Amazon lookup script for Koha libraries

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:27:16 NZST 2009

We order most of our materials from Amazon, so I've been looking for a
convenient way to tell if a book under consideration is in our catalog
already.

Greasemonkey & a custom user script fit the bill nicely:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/56847

A few caveats:
Like most scripts, this one was designed to work with Firefox; I
haven't explored getting it to work with other browsers.

I'm not a JavaScript programmer -- this was adapted from others' work.
Just a few lines would have to be changed to get the script to work
with your catalog.

It depends on the existence of ISBN for the item in question, so
movies, older books, etc. would not work.

Others have added all sorts of bells & whistles: xISBN lookups to
search for related titles, custom messages based on the status of
items (on order, on hold, etc.), ... just search the UserScripts site
for Amazon + library. For a later date!

Cheers,

Cab Vinton, Director
Sanbornton Public Library