[Koha] French Installation of Koha is a bit mixed in languages

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Tue Sep 1 17:47:33 NZST 2009

Hi all,

I've installed Koha/3.00.03 for a French library.

The only place that the installation procedure asked me about language choice
was during the MARC21 config, so at that point I specified "fr".

Our admins then completed the web install and have ensured that the
language and opaclanguages system prefs are both set to "fr-FR".

But strange things are afoot. Perhaps. Since this is a first for me,
I do not know if a French Koha should exhibit the following
characteristics.

1. OPAC: the HTML header states the following:

2. Admin: the HTML header states the following:

3. Many of the pages are indeed in French, so I must assume that the
    correct set of templates. There are many anomolies, though:

    (A) the Admin homepage is in French on the left side, but the
         navigation links into the admin system are in English

    (B) the OPAC home page is entirely in English

Is this to be expected?

Also, is there a guide to how to complete (and perfect!) a French Koha
install?

TIA
rickw