[Koha] Biblios and Koha 3.2

Thomas Dukleth kohalist at agogme.com
Fri Oct 30 13:01:20 NZDT 2009

Reply inline:

On Thu, October 29, 2009 22:33, Chris Cormack wrote:
> 2009/10/30 Christopher Hyde <chyde at ebpl.org>:
>> Does anyone know if Biblios is still going to be integrated into Koha
>> version 3.2?  Thanks!
>>
> That is a good question,
> Integrated, nope, but I think there has been done work to allow a
> library to set it up so that Biblios and Koha can play nicely.

There is an issue about the level of integration which might be achieved
for Koha 3.2.  It may yet be possible to have Biblios integrated for Koha
3.2 to the extent there is code available to support that integration.

> Maybe Chris Catalfo if he is watching the list can chip in.

Help should be obtained from wherever it can be obtained.

> Last I heard there had been some patches sent to make using it with
> Koha easier.  And Im sure if anyone wanted to send more, that they
> would be gratefully accepted.

Currently, it is a timing issue for the work.  Some level of Biblios
integration had been expected for Koha 3.2 and there is code to support
it.  Biblios integration should not be excluded by a feature freeze,
therefore, if it is not included in 3.2.0 it may yet be included in a
later 3.2 release.

As Chris Cormack stated, the more patches to better support the use of
Biblios with Koha the better.

[...]

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme