[Koha] Koha foundation resources and capacity

M. Brooke Helman abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 07:35:37 NZDT 2009

Salvete!

      Participating voluntarily in a Foundation usually equates to tax benefits. So yes, there is a monetary reason a corpo would choose to cooperate. Domain names are sometimes literally a dime a dozen, so someone choosing to squat on one would hypothetically be acting in a pennywise pound foolish manner.

      Were this *not* an open source project, I would tend to agree with your opinions. However, it is. Corporations that do not share alike will be punished when their users flock en masse to corporations that are good citizens. I wouldn't think that this were necessary to point out.

       Furthermore, Libraries operate on non traditional cycles if you give it a few seconds of thought. We lend on goodwill that you'll return our stuff later. This has worked against cynical better judgment for thousands of years, and I can only imagine as a strange cultural trapping will continue to do so.

Cheers,
Brooke