[Koha] Koha foundation resources and capacity

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Oct 30 06:21:16 NZDT 2009

2009/10/30 Ben Ide <benide at gmail.com>:

> Ide.  I'm not Eric's brother.  ;-)
> And you needn't assume or read into anything I write.  I'm just not that
> deep.  :-)
> Now, let's say I buy out a company or two and I get certain assets from
> those buyouts.  How much do you think I should charge to resell those assets
> to anyone else, even a foundation?  And how would donating those assets
> benefit me to the same compensatory level that everyone in the foundation
> would achieve?  I expend capital to expand my company and ensure continued
> use of important resources, and then I give it away?  To people with their
> own companies, many of which compete directly with mine?

Which company bought out which company? Or is this merely a
hypothetical? Or is a company about to be bought?

Is someone attempting to rewrite history again?

> If you think reimbursement of DNS costs and maybe trademark application fees
> would cover the bill, I would say you are wrong by a considerable magnitude.
>  I might even raise the price, knowing that there's a demand for these
> assets.  But that's just me, being shallow.  :-D

That would be you acting in complete contradiction to your word, given
on a number of occasions, not just you being shallow. (Speaking in the
hypothetical here also)

Chris