[Koha] Git and Koha v3.0.4

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Oct 28 09:25:50 NZDT 2009

2009/10/28 Chadwick, John, DCA <john.chadwick at state.nm.us>:
> You are right Chris, it is 3.01.00.061.
>
> This still begs the question, how do I get to the latest version using
> git?
>
> I issue the following command to initiate a new git directory on my
> server:
>
> git clone git://git.koha.org/pub/scm/koha.git kohaclonetest
>
> If I install from the master without doing anything I get a database
> with the old version number and lots of new choices on the local section
> of the systems preference page.
>
> If I issue the following command:
>
> git checkout -b my304 v3.00.04
>
> Then upgrade (or even a fresh install) the database is showing the
> correct version (3.00.04.019), but there are fewer choices on the local
> section of the systems preference page.

Thats right, 3.0.4 is a release of the 3.0.x branch, no new features
just bug fixes.

Installing from master is installing what will become the 3.2 release.
With more features that 3.0.4.

So you have a choice, run the stable 3.0.x branch, or run the mostly
stable master branch (which has a lot more features)

Chris