[Koha] Question about Migration of data to Koha

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Oct 28 08:49:23 NZDT 2009

"Laurie Henry" <LHenry at swcollege.net> wrote:
> We just purchased Koha Express, and I am trying to discover the best way
> of migrating our 6,000 records from a program called LiBRARYSOFT to
> Koha.

Would you mind posting the version numbers from the librarian About
page, please?  I'm not sure what version of Koha that is.

> I wanted to describe the steps I've been taking and ask if this
> is the best possible way to go.  I'd also very much like to see examples
> of a file that has been uploaded successful from another program to
> Koha.  What did it look like?

There's a Marc binary format which is what I try to get.

I think that tab delimited MARC-record report needs parsing into some
converter to check it's clean and get the binary format out.  If I
wasn't into perl programming, I think I'd try MARConvert as one for
Windows from http://systemsplanning.com/marconvert/

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software