[Koha] Error installing koha 3

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Oct 27 23:53:00 NZDT 2009

Adnier Rosello Carrazana asked:
> I have installed Debian Lenny 5.0 stable, and I want install koha 3, but at the course
> of the installation it break and show this error:
>
> Could not get the IP address of lenny_machine, DNS fault? at rewrite-config.PL line 68.
> make: *** [blib/KOHA_CONF_DIR/koha-conf.xml] Error 110

The system claims to have a hostname of lenny_machine but the
command "host lenny_machine" or equivalent returns a failure,
so it is not possible for the installer to configure Koha well.
There are two obvious solutions:-

1. configure lenny_machine in /etc/hosts or DNS, or change the
system hostname to whatever its fully-qualified DNS name is;

2. run "export WEBSERVER_HOST=name.of.webserver" and
"export WEBSERVER_IP=1.2.3.256" replacing name.of.webserver
with its DNS name and 1.2.3.256 with its IP address, then run
the installation.

Solution 1 is better because that should any fix other things which
are broken by the name service misconfiguration.

In cooperation,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software