[Koha] A map showing Koha "Pay for support" companies - Was subject: Re: Liblime, Koha, BibLibre and FLOSS

Irma Birchall irma at calyx.net.au
Mon Oct 26 12:10:36 NZDT 2009

Hi all,

A map view of listed commercial support receives a + 1 from me.

Some libraries will choose to work alone, others with a local Koha service
provider, others will scan the global skills base.

When looking for support, most clients look for a specific blend of:
experience, languages spoken, rates, availability, packaged services,
involvement with the Koha Project, the F/OSS Community, prior
recommendations, etc to match their specific situation and needs with the
offerings of a service provider.

Listed vendors usually mention their physical geographical location and if
they work with libraries located elsewhere. Perhaps even adding on their
website a map showing the location of their clients ....

I love maps! Yes, and used to love cataloguing maps of all types and
projections! ...

Best regards,
Irma
CALYX information essentials