[Koha] help installing Koha for Windows

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu Oct 22 08:57:38 NZDT 2009

Hello Chris,

2009/10/21 Christopher Brown-Syed PhD <chris2 at valinor.ca>:
> Greetings,
>

> I have been attempting to install Koha on a Windows XP platform. The
> installer (Koha2.2.9-W32-R1.exe) works fine, until the script reaches the
> "unpacking MARC Charset 0.92" line, then hangs.
>
> (The version of perl installed is ActivePerl-5.8.9.826-MSWin32-x86, and I
> note that MARC Charset 1.1 is what's currently available via CPAN.... )
> Suggestions would be greatly  appreciated.

I'd suggest not bothering with Koha 2.2.9 (also I'm not familiar with
the win32 package for it) and work/wait on Koha 3.2 on Strawberry.

Several have been working on this. All critical perl modules can be
installed with the latest Strawberry release candidate from CPAN (Some
manual intervention is necessary in a few cases). I have not been able
to get the Koha Makefile to execute successfully personally, but am
working to that end. Any and all help to this end is appreciated.

Some alternate suggestions for running more recent versions of Koha on
win32 would be to use a virtual appliance type installation and some
of the available images:
http://kylehall.info/index.php/projects/koha/koha-virtual-appliance/

Kind Regards,
Chris