[Koha] Koha to MARC mapping for field not in database

Melisa Canales mcanales29 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 10:39:43 NZDT 2009

Hello,

What do I do when I am trying to map a MARC field to a field that is not in
the koha tables?  For example, I want to map 306a Playing Time to something
but there is no suitable match (such as biblio.playingtime) in the mapping
fields list.  I am also curious about 650a Subject/Topic.  Am I just missing
this when I look for it in the database?

In the end what I'm trying to do is show the Playing Time on the OPAC.  I
understand this may mean a change to the template, but I've added other
fields and now I want to add this one too.  We are using Koha 3.00.02.012
with MARC21.

Thanks for any help,
Melisa Canales