[Koha] Defining community participation [was: Koha demo linkson koha.org]

Lenora Oftedahl OFTL at critfc.org
Tue Oct 13 09:51:31 NZDT 2009

Please, this conversation has now taken a turn for the much worse and is barely constructive.  Ok, IMNSHO, not at all helpful.

Can we all vote on foundation or not, joining forces or not when Nicole et al's survey comes out?

Since LibLime has done a fix of sorts on the koha.org site as per requested, can we let that go as well?

Thanx.
Lenora

Lenora A. Oftedahl
StreamNet Regional Librarian
Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission
http://www.fishlib.org

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:
>>> In other words, "Could you return to the kind of participation you
>>> were doing just a few months ago?"
>>
>> Yes, before they took on a new client's requests.
>
> And what was it about that new client's requests that made them so
> different about the clients before them?

You tell me.  You were contracted to work on it.

>> But that's not really the issue, is it?  This is about doing a
>> "find/delete" on anything that says "supported by LibLime."
>
> This is about keeping Koha.org as vendor-neutral as possible. Demo
> links should point to the open-source version of Koha.

Sure it is.

>> It is amazing that we are having this conversation.  I thought
>> everyone had moved on with their lives until you started this thread.
>
> And as it turns out others agree that this is an issue that needs to
> be corrected.

Hey, the muck has been stirred.  Why not chime in?

>> And for the record, I haven't earned one thin dime off of Koha.  Does
>> that make my statements and concerns irrelevant?
>
> It does make it more difficult for you to make accurate statements
> about what a developer or company should or shouldn't do in order for
> it to remain sustainable or profitable.

Yes, you're very clear on the librarian's role in all this:  "Take
what we give you and shut up."

Best of luck with your next RFP.