[Koha] First things first for a Koha foundation

Mark Osborne mosborne at ashs.school.nz
Sun Oct 11 19:06:33 NZDT 2009

Kia ora,
I have to say that I support Thomas's points here. The community appears to
have lost control of the trademark, the domain and website. The only thing
that it retains some control over is the software. In order to regroup and
map out a path from here, I think the establishment of some kind of entity
is paramount. If this is going to take some time (which is likely), I too
suggest we consider using the HLT in the interim.
The fork has occurred, and LL has the trademark and the domain. One
unpleasant possibility is a rebirth for Koha. If LL owns the domain, they
effectively own the trademark. One way around this could be a new
foundation, new name and website.
Thoughts?

Mark