[Koha] [Koha-devel] RFC: Modification to Fines System

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Sat Oct 3 01:50:41 NZDT 2009

On 10/02/2009 01:13 PM, Kyle Hall wrote:
> That sounds like a good feature, but I certainly don't fully
> understand how your system works, or how it interacts with the fines
> system.

I think theres two separate issues one is that fines themselves require
more information (counter staff can never have too much when facing a
disputing customer) and better handling. The other is that the current
circulation rules need more flexibility so that you can include fines
(including increasing fine rates) and/or suspensions and possibly other
penalities (large man with big stick visits patron?).

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Software Engineer, PTFS Europe Limited