No subject

Wed Nov 11 03:01:06 NZDT 2009

"(=3D952  ..)(\$h)([A-Za-z0-9.]*)(\$i)([A-Za-z0-9.]*)(\$.*\$b[A-Za-z0-9.]*)=
"
(remove double quotes)

This will take the data from the $h field (and the data could be
capital letters, lower case letters, numbers and decimals) and the
data from the $i string (and the data could be capital letters, lower
case letters, numbers and decimals) and $b is the last subfield in the
952 field.

TIP: This regular expression may need to be changed depending on the
type of data you have in your system. Libraries that use the LC
classification system in particular may need to tweak the =93replace=94
command to find and move cutters.

And enter the following string into the 'Replace with' box:
$1$o$3 $5$6

This string is saying stay in the same field number as in parenthesis
#1, move the data from parenthesis #3 of the 'Find what' string next
to $o, add a space, take the data from parenthesis #5 and move it to
$o as well, then check to the end of the field and leave all the other
subfield data alone."

I tried doing the above on my records, but I think it only finds the
data and doesn't replace anything, because it said "0 modifications
were made." and took a few seconds to finish. Any ideas on how to move
the subfields?

regards,
Maxwell