[Koha] Cleanup of zebraqueue mysql table

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 09:56:26 NZDT 2009

2009/11/29 Doug Kingston <dpk at randomnotes.org>

> I don't see where entries are ever deleted (once marked "done") from the
> zebraqueue mysql table.  Can anyone point me at this code.  If its
> missing, it looks like it should be added to rebuild_zebra.pl.

Not sure whether those entries should in fact be deleted by rebuild_zebra.pl,
but there is a separate cleanup_database.pl script that deletes both old
zebraqueue entries and sessions.

> Also, can someone comment on the time taken by rebuild_zebra.pl vs the
> older zebraqueue_daemon?  We have around 13K records.

zebraqueue_daemon works well (in my limited testing) and has little lag, but
due to some problems with code organization in Koha as a whole, it leaks
memory pretty steadily. rebuild_zebra.pl in a cronjob is the approach of
most Koha users.

> -Doug-

Jesse Weaver