[Koha] Staging Error

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Nov 24 05:51:39 NZDT 2009

Ankit Gupta wrote:
> MARC Staging results :
>
> ␦1 records in file
>
> ␦1 records not staged because of MARC error
[...]
> Is there any log to check error details. No relevant log in
> /var/log/koha/koha-error_log

Which Koha version is it?  I think 3.00.04 gives better error messages
than that, but maybe I've an enhancement installed that I'd forgotten
to submit.  All import errors should be on-screen, not in the logs,
because librarians can usually fix problems without waiting for the
server admin to check logs.

You can test the file from the server command-line with something like
  perl -MMARC::File::USMARC -e 'print MARC::File::USMARC->in("MARCFILENAME.MRC")->next()->as_formatted()."\n";'
(at least for MARC21 format).

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software