[Koha] About Koha compliancy with WCAG 2.0

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Nov 24 05:36:05 NZDT 2009

Sonali Modi wrote:
> Does koha 3.0 support or compilable with WCAG 2.0 (Web Content
> Accessibility Guidelines). [...]

It should be easier to comply with WCAG 2.0 than 1.0 because WCAG 2.0
doesn't actually say much about accessibility (my opinion only) and
allows use of Javascript and random junk.  Whether the OPAC complies
or not probably depends a lot on what templates are being used, but it
shouldn't be too hard to get the compliance, if someone is willing to
do or pay for the work.  I don't think it was a 3.0 release goal, but
the release manager or maintainer might correct me on that in a mo.

The librarian interface almost certainly isn't because searching
http://bugs.koha.org/ for "valid html" suggests we've quite a few to
fix before we meet that prerequisite.

So, to summarise: I think the OPAC is close but probably not quite.
If someone did a proper analysis/report, that would be a big help!

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software