[Koha] crontab not working

Biblioteca Casa Balthasar biblioteca at casabalthasar.org
Thu Nov 12 22:04:21 NZDT 2009

Hi Kete,

We've had some similar problems with this command in Crontab.  One thing
that you should check would be the permissions on the folders affected by
rebuild_zebra.pl (for us that's /var/lib/koha/zebradb and its various
subfolders).

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to set up this cronjob to run under
the user 'koha' (to whom those folders and files probably or should belong),
though it may be possible that your setup is different.

Also, if you've run this cronjob under root, it's very likely that the files
in those directories have been recreated with root as their owner.  You
could manually rechange the owner and group, and then set set-GID on all of
those folders, so that no matter what else happens, the files in those
folders will retain the same owner and group as the folders themselves.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Patrick Redmon