[Koha] Delete outdated custom framework?

Nelson Fredsell (nelsonf) nfredsell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 13:05:28 NZDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I'd like to delete an outdated MARC framework that I no longer use, but
receive a warning that a number of records are related.  If I delete the old
framework, how will it impact the existing attached biblio records that were
catalogued?   Using Koha Linux 3.0, but soon updating to 3.4.

I tested by creating a new framework "tmp" using an existing custom
pared-down framework with minimal number of MARC tags, and then created a
test biblio record and associated item.  When I went to delete "tmp"
framework, the warning I received was "This framework is used 28 times."
when actually I had only used it 1 time. I deleted the framework, then
searched for the biblio and could not find it!  I sure hope that 28 (or 27)
legitimate records weren't deleted, but I don't know how to determine which
records are associated with which frameworks.

Is the moral of the story, "Never delete frameworks that have biblio records
attached"?

Thanks very much,
Nelson

-----
Nelson Fredsell
nelsonf on Koha IRC
implementing a small, non-profit union catalogue
in Cape Town, South Africa