[Koha] OPAC/ Amazon images/ Internet access

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sat Nov 7 08:08:11 NZDT 2009

2009/11/7 Barbara Keef <bkeef at windham.lib.me.us>:
> Good afternoon,
>
> We are setting up KOHA for our public library and I wonder if we use images
> from Amazon on our OPAC, then patrons accessing the Amazon link through the
> image would be online, of course.
>
> Is there a way to allow patrons to view the Amazon info yet limit continued
> access to the internet?

The Amazon content is pulled into the browser, not into Koha itself.
(All sorts of legal and practical reasons for this).
But you could configure your firewall for all the OPAC machines (I
assume you are just talking about the OPAC machines physically in the
library, not people accessing the OPAC from home) to restrict access
to just the amazon servers.
So they would only have access to a tiny part of the internet.

Hope this helps

Chris