[Koha] SIP2 and 3M Self Checks

Liz Rea lrea at nekls.org
Sat Nov 7 07:27:01 NZDT 2009

We had this problem for a while, we finally tracked it down to a load
balancing firewall that was causing the SIP server to be overloaded
with unresolved connections. Since the firewall was using two
different ISP's, there were two different source IP's, causing hung
connections that eventually choked the server to death.

Once our site had all of the SIP connections coming from one of the
IP's, the problem resolved. Before we discovered the cause of the
problem, our vendor had a cron job set to restart the SIP server every
X number of minutes (I can't remember what the interval was, but it
did help).

I hope this info helps you out.

Liz Rea
NEKLS