[Koha] Getting OPACFRBRizeEditions to work

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com
Fri Nov 6 21:51:41 NZDT 2009

Anne Sandberg wrote:
> Hi all,
> At Oslo public library we are running a Koha installation and we've
> tried to turn on all the nice functionalities in Koha such as the
> frbrising tool, but do not get the same result as Nelsonville public
> library.
> At first we thought it might have something to do with the xisbn
> service (little representation of Norwegian isbns), but this is not
> the case, there are enough  Norwegian isbns for it to work at least on
> one title. Then we removed the hyphens in isbns, but this didn't
> change anything.
> So I was wondering if any of you have had any problems getting this to
> work? And what did you do to solve it.
>
> regards,
> Anne Karine Sandberg
> Oslo public library, Norway
Hi
In fact, this feature is quite tricky to make that right.
First it looks at xisbn service.
And then search in your database for that isbn.
So both xisbn and your internal isbn (in biblio table) have to be
normalized.
You could therefore use the script batchupdateISBN (it removes all the -
in your local ISBNs)
Hopes that helps.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT