[Koha] zebra indexing issues

Christopher Curry ccurry at amphilsoc.org
Sat May 30 05:09:48 NZST 2009

Hello all,

I'm testing importing our MARC data into Koha 3 on Debian Etch and I
want to be able to quickly rebuild the zebra index.

I found instructions to do so in INSTALL.debian

7.2 Fast Index:
    $ misc/migration-tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -w

Unfortunately, there is no /misc directory on my server...does this mean
that I missed something during installation?

I do have a rebuild_zebra.pl script, located at:
/usr/share/koha3/bin/migration_tools, but when I run this script, the
following error is returned:

Can't locate C4/Context.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at
/usr/share/koha3/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/koha3/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl line 5.

Context.pm does exist at /usr/share/koha3/lib/C4

Can someone tell me what @INC is referring to?  It is not referenced in
the rebuild_zebra.pl script.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I was able to successfully index my first import by setting up the
zebra demon and running:

zebrasrv -f /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml

I want to be able to **rebuild** the index, though, so I will need to be
able to run the rebuild_zebra.pl script.

Thanks in advance.

--

Cheers,

Christopher Curry
Assistant Technical Librarian / Assistant IT Officer

American Philosophical Society
105 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3386
Tel. (215) 599-4299