[Koha] Disallowing holds

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Fri May 29 10:03:49 NZST 2009

Is there a way to do disallow holds for certain classes of materials,
or at the individual item/ record level? I've poked around the
settings for Item Types & the item-level subfields, but haven't found
anything yet.

The ability to do this would come in handy because we're thinking of
adding records to our catalog for the downloadable audiobooks our
patrons have access to through Overdrive.

Other libraries have found that instead of going to the Overdrive site
to place holds/ get access to the audiobooks, patrons invariably
attempt to place a hold through the catalog. Does not work, needless
to say, & just creates more work for the library staff.

The same basic idea would also apply to downloadable ebooks, streaming
music via Naxos, etc.

Thoughts?

Cab Vinton, Director
Sanbornton Public Library