[Koha] New Koha Virtual Appliances Available

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Fri May 29 09:45:21 NZST 2009

I prefer to use VirtualBox for running vm's on my office pc ( such as
a Windows VM for non-Linux software ). It supports seamless mode which
VMWare does not ( except for Fusion on Mac ). For our 'real' vm's that
are running services ( webservers, squid, etc. ) we use Xen. Xen beats
every other free vm hands down for this, with the exception that
snapshotting in Xen is literally stopping the vm and using dd to copy
the image, quite a pain. We use XenServer, which is Citrix's Xen
package. It's fantastic.

I should mention that VirtualBox supports vmdk files, so you could try
it with your existing vm's.

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
Information Technology