[Koha] Cataloguing coach

Kathy Rippel kdr at ckls.org
Thu May 28 04:37:34 NZST 2009

Joann-

I haven't done all the "Tips and Tricks" sheets on cataloging yet,
but I'm attaching the basic one that IS done, just in case that might help.

Would you like me to send the others as I finish them (no timetable right now)?

Kathy

At 09:04 AM 5/27/2009, Sharon Moreland wrote:
>Joann,
>We post all of our training materials to our project site:
><http://www.nexpresslibrary.org/training/cataloging-training/>http://www.nexpresslibrary.org/training/cataloging-training/
>
>These might help a bit.
>
>Sharon Moreland
>NExpress Shared Catalog
>Northeast Kansas Library System
>
>2009/5/25 Joann Ransom <<mailto:jransom at library.org.nz>jransom at library.org.nz>
>Hi all,
>
>We are in the process of moving to Koha 3.0. Test conversions have
>gone beautifully, and everthing is looking lovely so far. Chris
>Cormack is taking us through this process (splendidly well if you ask me)
>
>The only difficult thing we are struggling with is cataloguing - in
>Marc! Its an entirely foreign process for us and it would be lovely
>if someone might offer us suppoort as a coach to help us understand
>how cataloguing in Koha 3.0 works.
>
>We are qualified librarians, and 1 of us used to catalogue in marc
>about 20 years ago, but we seem to be making heavy work of the
>templates and tabs and reservoirs and z39.50 servers (which work well).
>
>Would anyone like to volunteer to be a completely unpaid but much
>loved Koha3-Cataloguing Coach for Horowhenua Library Trust?
>
>Cheers Joann Ransom.

>--
>Sharon Moreland
>Technology Consultant
>Northeast Kansas Library System
-------------- next part --------------
Kathleen D. Rippel
Dept. Head/Consultant--Resource Sharing and Access ;
Pathfinder Central (Manager)
Central Kansas Library System
1409 Williams
Great Bend, KS 67530

(620-792-4865) phone
(800-362-2642) toll-free, KS
(620-792-5495) fax

kdr at ckls.org
I'm currently reading: The Mark, by Tim La Haye.
I'm currently listening to: Thud!, by Terry Pratchett.