[Koha] Koha authentication against existing LDAP directory

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Tue May 26 22:22:29 NZST 2009

Hi Ben

On 2009/05/26, at 12:19 AM, Ben Finney wrote:

> Ben Finney <ben+koha at benfinney.id.au> writes:
>
>> When I use the same username and password that worked in the direct
>> LDAP query, and enter those into the Koha login form, the return page
>> simply shows the same form with “Error: Invalid username or
>> password”.
>>
>> How can I get authentication working with Koha like with other LDAP
>> clients?

>> In particular, without duplicating or storing privileged user
>> credentials in the Koha configuration.

well, this specifically is tricky - as koha expects some basic user
records, as Joe stated...
why not try to get a basic koha+LDAP system first, then aim for this
advanced setup

> Is LDAP authentication something I should expect to be working? The
> documentation leads me to believe it should work, but the lack of
> use.

I got it going recently with no previous experience with LDAP.
and people attempting and succeeding LDAP setup is quite frequent, i
think

Mason.