[Koha] Can't create a new thread (errno 35).

Venita Glasfurd venita.glasfurd at gmail.com
Sat May 23 03:36:34 NZST 2009

Hi all,

I have koha running on a shared hosted server for a small private library.

For the last couple of months, we've been getting an error off and on as
below. The application has been running fine on the same service provider
for the last two years, but the problem surfaced a couple of months back and
the frequency of the problem has been increasing.

Can't create a new thread (errno 35). If you are not out of available
memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug at
/usr431/home/r/e/readersl/public_html/modules/C4/Context.pm line 411
Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at
/usr431/home/r/e/readersl/public_html/modules/C4/Circulation/Fines.pm line
78.

I would like to know if any of you have seen this issue on your
installations. My guess is this is a MYSQL/ OS environment specific issue,
but could you please provide any leads on how I can pursue this with my
service provider? Could there be a mysql code optimization issue? Should we
be doing any database maintenance? This question may seem like a database
maintenance specific question, but any help/pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Venita.