[Koha] Koha Trademarks

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Sat May 23 01:05:04 NZST 2009

BWS Johnson a écrit :
> Were alternatives to Trademark discussed such as Collective Mark or
> Certification Mark? Were non profit stewards considered? (While I know
> it is the intent for the marks to switch hands when there are users'
> groups functioning, is this intent in writing?) What would the
> conditions be for use of the mark by a non holder?
Yes, of course. And that's why everybody is waiting impatiently for a
Koha Software Fundation. BibLibre said the TM will be given to the KSF
once it's formed and everybody agrees on his bylaws. (Same for LL)

The idea behind the TM is that anyone would be able to TM Koha here, and
could then threaten us. Of course we would have proof of previous use
blabla, but we couldn't afford the process. oth, we could afford the
EUR700 that a EU trademark required.

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN