[Koha] RFC: Koha Virtual Appliances

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Fri May 22 04:23:15 NZST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Kyle Hall <kyle.m.hall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any technical reason that there are no example items to
> import from the web interface? I think that would be a nice addition
> to the rest of the sample data. I imagine the zebra indexing would be
> the biggest issue.

There's no technical reason not to do this.  It would probably be
simplest to supply a MARC file and have bulkmarcimport import it,
rather than try to generate and maintain SQL to populate bibioitems,
biblio, and biblioitems.  Indexing wouldn't be that big of a deal,
since if you're running Zebra, you have to run rebuild_zebra.pl at
some point anyway.

Regards,

Galen
--