[Koha] Serials and budget control

Nicole Engard nicole.engard at liblime.com
Thu May 21 08:07:45 NZST 2009

Hmmm - this is totally a guess - but I would say they're creating a
Serials budget in Acq and then ordering the subscription using Acq.

The way I see it - the serials module just tracks issues received and
can link to a vendor used in Acq.  So, you place an order in Acq with
your serial vendor from the serials budget and that creates the Bib
record for the publication.  Then you go to Serials and you enter in
the subscription info and use that to receive the issues through the
year.

There is even a preference you can set that will add a purchase
suggestion whenever a serial is renewed so that you can easily
re-order from the Acq module.

Does that make sense?

---

Nicole C. Engard