[Koha] Report by value of checked-out items

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed May 20 04:54:31 NZST 2009

As a cost-saving measure my library is considering sending printed
overdue notices only to patrons who have checkouts exceeding a certain
value. So, if you have more than $100-worth of checkouts, you'll
receive a printed notice. I'm wondering if there's a way to do this
which isn't really resource-intensive.

By querying only a subset of patrons (patrons with overdues falling
within a date range), one could limit the number of patrons to check.
Then you could loop over that set and sum the replacementprice of
items checked out to each one:

select sum(replacementprice) from items,issues where items.itemnumber
= issues.itemnumber and issues.borrowernumber = 20375

...and collect the results that exceeded our limit. Or am I not seeing
a more efficient way to do it?

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer