[Koha] [Koha-devel] Announcing ... New koha.org Website based on Plone

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue May 12 22:11:44 NZST 2009

Clay Fouts <clay.fouts at liblime.com> wrote:
> I've installed a Plone redirection/aliasing tool on the development
> site and verified that it installs cleanly. I'll deploy it on the
> production server later this evening (PST) along with the two stated
> aliases for the paid support page.

Has it worked?

I reinstated koha user list as a recipient because everyone can play
"find the koha web pages" and help limit the search ranking damage.

Presumably if it's a Plone tool, then writing it up in Apache format
is needless work.  It's pretty easy to figure out many redirects from
the site maps:-

Old = New

(.*/)index.html = $1 (globally)

/about-koha/index.html = /about

/about-koha/features/under-development.html = /about/get-involved/development

/about-koha/case-studies/index.html = /about/case-studies

/about-koha/news/index.html = /news

/about-koha/awards.html = /about/awards

/about-koha/contribute.html = /about/get-involved

/about-koha/faq.html = /documentation/faq

/about-koha/koha-team.html = /about/koha-development-team

/community/index.html = /about/get-involved

/community/bugzilla.html = /about/get-involved/how-to-report-bugs

/community/irc.html = /about/get-involved/irc

/community/mailing-lists.html = /about/get-involved/mailing-lists

/community/resources/index.html = /about/logos

/sitemap.html = /sitemap

/support/free.html = /support/free-support

Missing from new sitemap:

Live Catalogs http://old.koha.org/showcase/opacs.html

Legal Notices http://old.koha.org/legal-notices.html

Other OS http://old.koha.org/download/other-os.html

Website Updating http://old.koha.org/community/website.html

Download http://old.koha.org/download/index.html

Koha @ CafePress http://old.koha.org/community/koha-gear.html

Koha's History http://old.koha.org/about-koha/history.html

Nelsonville Public Library http://old.koha.org/about-koha/case-studies/nelsonville.html

OPAC http://old.koha.org/about-koha/features/opac.html

Intranet http://old.koha.org/about-koha/features/intranet.html

Any help finding the missing pages - or any other important pages not
on the old sitemap - would be welcomed.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef).  LMS developer and supporter for a small, friendly