[Koha] Koha trademarks

gsl gsl at rhcl.org
Tue May 12 09:34:50 NZST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Cormack" <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz>
To: "Owen Leonard" <oleonard at myacpl.org>
Cc: "KOHA" <koha at lists.katipo.co.nz>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 4:27:53 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [Koha] Koha trademarks

2009/5/12 Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org>:
>> So, how do we start a Koha Foundation?
>
> Work on this has already begun, but all of the discussions have taken
> place off-list so no one can be blamed for not knowing about it.
>
> I hope that we'll be hearing more about it soon now that the issue has
> come to a head.

In some interesting synchronicity, there has been some discussion
about the need for more public communication.

I think for something as important as the Koha Foundation, public
discussion is definitely merited.

I do think that if we create our own foundation, the Apache Foundation
is a great model to follow. They, while being a meritocracy, place a
huge emphasis on community and consensus building. That is where I
would like to see us.

My 2 cents

Chris