[Koha] [Koha-devel] Pay for Support - a Suggestion

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Mon May 11 10:48:25 NZST 2009

hi
> I think this sounds extremely fair - but I think we need a bit of an
> explanation for why companies are listed as such.  While the community
> will understand the ordering - people who are new to open source often
> have trouble understanding the roles we assign and what that means to
> the community.

Whichever way we list  we should add the info to the "how to get a
listing" page so that new vendors know what to expect.
> I have been altering my 'Intro to Open Source' talks to include
> community definitions and governance to try and better educate
> librarians - but I can't be all over the world :)
>
> Anyway, my point was that we might want a page explaining the
> community role in open source and the reason the page is ordered as it
> is.   I also agree that most people are going to want to find support
> companies based on where their libraries are located.

Yep sounds like a good idea. It could even be that by date in the region
works - I just think that you can't really "scan" more than about 5
companies very easily, so we'll need some other way to break them up
into easier to digest chunks.

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams